First Bite 4 Life's Overnight Oats Recipe
We thought we would kick off 2022 with a favourite summer breakfast recipe – a delicious bowl of overnight oats. This is a great breakfast for all members of the family and a suitable breakfast option for babies.
Soaking the oats overnight makes them go lovely and soft. When the chia is added you get a lovely smooth consistency! The oats can be broken up further with a stick blender in the morning. The kids may enjoy the smoother texture and it enhances the flavour, making it taste even better. The recipe is very adaptable and ingredients or the fruits can be changed to suit preferences. If baby has allergies please make sure to modify the recipe accordingly...For example for a gluten free option replace the oats with quinoa flakes. Make other tweaks for baby’s version depending on where they are in their solids journey. Mashed instead of whole raspberries on top makes a great baby modification. Overnight oats are filling and you might find this makes enough for a couple of meals.
There are some more mouth-watering ideas in the Starting Solids E Book. The First Bite 4 Life Starting Solids Recipe E Book contains 35+ easy and nutritious recipes to prepare for baby’s first foods from 6-9 months. The book offers safety tips and what foods to avoid, as well as hints and tips around surviving the solids journey, food storage and the best equipment to use.
Overnight Oats Recipe
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 1 heaped tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tbs raw cacao
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 banana (ripe), mashed
- Unsweetened soy milk or milk of your choice
- Fresh raspberries, flaxseed meal, or defrosted mashed mixed berries, yoghurt
- Step 1 - In a bowl combine oat, peanut butter, raw cacao, chia seeds, mashed banana.
- Step 2 - Top with milk of your choice (enough to cover the oats).
- Step 3 - Mix well. Refrigerate overnight.
- Step 4 - In the morning, use a stick blender to break up the oats so you have a smoother consistency.
- Step 5 - Serve with your favourite toppings. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy the recipe. Let us know what you think once you have tried it!